Career Paths: Navy is a new educational source for people who are serving or intending to serve as naval professionals and who want to improve their English communication skills in a profession-oriented environment. Incorporating career-specific vocabulary and contexts, each unit offers step-by-step instruction that
immerses students in the four key language components: reading, listening,speaking and writing. Career Paths: Navy addresses topics including parts of a ship, nautical language, types of ships, weaponry, navigation and more.
The series is organized into three levels of difficulty and offers over 500 vocabulary terms and phrases. Every unit includes a test of reading comprehension, vocabulary and listening skills and leads students through written and oral production.
- 45 reading passages presenting topics and vocabulary in context
- Career-specific dialogues
- 45 reading and listening comprehension checks
- Over 500 vocabulary terms and phrases
- Guided speaking and writing exercises
- Full answer key and audio scripts
- Complete glossary of terms and phrases
The Teacher´s book contains a full answer key and audio scripts.
The audio CDs contain all recorded material in both American English and British English.
Books 1-3 of Career Paths: Navy are rated for the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at A1, A2 and B1 respectively.