A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced English Language Learners, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, the fourth edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities.
Some of the new features are:
– Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
– Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic content
– Academic readings that highlight the targeted grammar structures.
– Greatly expanded speaking practice with expensive pair, group, and class work
– Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discourse patterns of spoken and written English
– Audio CDs and listening script in the back of the Student Book.